Well, if you don’t know much about dyslexia, you have come to the right place, here is all you need to know about it. So, let’s begin without much delay.
What Is Dyslexia?
It is one of the most common learning disabilities that children have. It ruins a child’s capacity to read and write properly. If not diagnosed in the earlier days, it persists throughout life. The severity of the disease varies from mild to moderate to extreme. It not only makes a child unable to learn new skills but also becomes the reason behind depression, frustration among children. As per the experts of the doctor’s clinic in Hooghly dyslexia can be a result of hereditary.
In most cases, dyslexia influences spelling, word acknowledgment, and the ability to coordinate letters. Often a child finds it difficult to spell, perceive, and disentangle words. However, the impact changes from one child to another.
The Common Side Effects of Dyslexia
- Low self-esteem
- Behavioral disorders
- Lack of interest in school and learning new skills
However, you must know that dyslexia is not a hearing or vision loss, brain damage, or mental retardation. It is only a disability to process words.
Dyslexia Is Not Only Limited To Children, The Adults Have It Too!
Most adults with the condition of dyslexia have at least a few of the following traits as observed by the best super specialty polyclinic in Hooghly.
- Might be more interested in jobs that don’t involve high-pressure or problematic areas
- Hiding difficulties from colleagues, friends, and even family
- Might become frustrated at conducting meetings, or sequential tasks
- Has difficulty focusing and finishing a task. Might feel more comfortable managing many different tasks simultaneously
- Either an overachiever or doesn’t work up to potential. Either way displays excessive work ethics.
Health, Personality, and Behavior
- Easily overwhelmed, angered, or stressed
- Low self-esteem despite having the skills
- Self-consciousness while speaking in front of others. May face troubles while getting thoughts out, speaks in halting phrases, or leave sentences incomplete
- Stress, confusion, physical health issues, pressure, and fatigue significantly increase all the symptoms
If you spot these signs in yourself or your loved ones, pay attention. Dyslexia is one of the most common disabilities all over the globe. Most people with the condition never even realize it. Yet, the disease plays an integral part in their daily life. The best solution is to consult a psychologist near you.
Are you looking for the best doctors available in Hooghly who can diagnose and treat dyslexia effectively? MNC Pathlab will be your best destination. Book an appointment soon and find the best cure.